Gabon is divided into 9 provinces. Here is a list of all the provinces in Gabon:
List of all Provinces in Gabon
|Location||Central Africa, bordered by Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, and the Republic of the Congo|
|Population||Approximately 2.3 million as of 2021 estimate|
|Area||Approximately 267,667 square kilometers (103,347 square miles)|
|Geography||Diverse with rainforests, savannas, and a coastline along the Atlantic Ocean|
|Independence||From France on August 17, 1960|
|Currency||Central African CFA franc (XAF)|
|Notable Places||Loango National Park, Lopé National Park, Pointe-Denis Beach|
|Official Website||Not available|
How is Gabon divided?
Gabon has nine provinces, each with its own capital city. The provinces of Gabon are as follows:
- Estuaire Province (capital: Libreville)
- Haut-Ogooué Province (capital: Franceville)
- Moyen-Ogooué Province (capital: Lambaréné)
- Ngounié Province (capital: Mouila)
- Nyanga Province (capital: Tchibanga)
- Ogooué-Ivindo Province (capital: Makokou)
- Ogooué-Lolo Province (capital: Koulamoutou)
- Ogooué-Maritime Province (capital: Port-Gentil)
- Woleu-Ntem Province (capital: Oyem)
What is the main city of Gabon?
- The main city and capital of Gabon is Libreville. It is located on the north shore of the Gabon Estuary, near the Gulf of Guinea. With a population of over half a million people, Libreville serves as a major port and is the country’s most populous urban center.