Here is a complete list of cities, towns, and communities in Carroll County, Indiana
- Location: Carroll County is located in the northwestern part of the state of Indiana, USA.
- County Seat: The county seat of Carroll County is Delphi.
- Population: As of the last available data, Carroll County had a population of around 20,000 residents.
- Area: The total area of Carroll County is approximately 375 square miles.
- Geography: The county is characterized by a mix of rural landscapes, agricultural areas, and small towns. It lies within the region known for its fertile farmlands.
- Notable Places:
- Delphi: Home to historic sites like the Wabash and Erie Canal, and the Delphi Historic Trails.
- Flora: Known for its local attractions and community events.
- Economy: Agriculture plays a significant role in Carroll County’s economy, with corn, soybeans, and livestock being major agricultural products. Manufacturing and other industries might also contribute to the local economy.
- Education: Carroll County is served by its own school corporation, providing educational services to the local communities. Specific schools within the county cater to the educational needs of its residents.
- History: Carroll County was formed in 1828 and named after Charles Carroll, a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
The area has a history tied to the Wabash and Erie Canal, contributing to its development.
- Official Website: https://www.carrollcountyindiana.com/
What is Carroll County, Indiana famous for?
- Historic Significance: It holds historical significance tied to the Wabash and Erie Canal, contributing to the area’s development in the 19th century.
- Scenic Beauty: The county features picturesque rural landscapes, appreciated by residents and visitors alike for its natural beauty.
- Agricultural Heritage: Known for its fertile farmlands, Carroll County sustains a robust agricultural economy, producing corn, soybeans, and livestock.
- Delphi: The city of Delphi is notable for its historic sites, such as the Wabash and Erie Canal and the Delphi Historic Trails, which attract history enthusiasts and tourists.
How big is Carroll County, Indiana?
Carroll County, Indiana, spans an area of approximately 375 square miles.
What is the largest town in Carroll County, Indiana?
In Carroll County, Indiana, the largest town by population and size is Delphi.
- Counties in Indiana
- Cities Towns and Communities in Blackford County Indiana
- Cities Towns and Communities in Benton County Indiana
- Cities Towns and Communities in Adams County Indiana
- Cities Towns and Communities in Allen County Indiana
- Cities Towns and Communities in Bartholomew County Indiana
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Hancock County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Kennebec County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Knox County, Maine