Here is a complete list of cities, towns, and communities in Blackford County, Indiana
In Blackford County, Indiana, the local divisions mainly consist of towns and unincorporated areas. Here’s the full list:
- Hartford City
- Dunkirk (partly in Blackford County)
- Shamrock Lakes
- Location: Blackford County is situated in the north-central part of the state of Indiana, USA.
- County Seat: The county seat of Blackford County is Hartford City.
- Population: As of the last available data, Blackford County had a population of around 11,000 residents.
- Area: The total area of Blackford County is approximately 166 square miles.
- Geography: The county is characterized by rural landscapes, small towns, and agricultural areas. It lies within the fertile agricultural region of Indiana.
- Notable Places:
- Hartford City: The county seat is known for its historic sites and local amenities.
- Shamrock Lakes: A notable residential community located within the county.
- Economy: Agriculture has historically been a significant part of Blackford County’s economy, producing crops like corn, soybeans, and livestock. Other industries might include manufacturing and services, but agriculture plays a prominent role.
- Education: Blackford County is served by its own school corporation, providing educational services to the local communities. Specific schools within the county contribute to the education of its residents.
- History: The county was named after Judge Isaac Blackford, a prominent figure in Indiana’s early legal history. Its history is rooted in agriculture and small-town development.
- Official Website: https://www.blackfordcounty.com/
What is Blackford County, Indiana famous for?
- Historical Significance: The county has historical significance tied to its namesake, Judge Isaac Blackford, and his role in Indiana’s legal history.
- Agricultural Heritage: Like many counties in Indiana, Blackford County is renowned for its agricultural heritage, producing crops such as corn and soybeans, and sustaining a farming economy.
- Small-Town Charm: The area represents the essence of small-town America, with close-knit communities and a tranquil, rural lifestyle.
- Natural Beauty: Blackford County offers picturesque rural landscapes, appealing to those seeking a quieter, countryside setting.
How big is Blackford County, Indiana?
Blackford County, Indiana, spans an area of approximately 166 square miles.
What is the largest town in Blackford County, Indiana?
In Blackford County, Indiana, Hartford City is typically considered the largest town in terms of population and area.
- Counties in Indiana
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Hancock County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Kennebec County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Knox County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Lincoln County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Oxford County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Penobscot County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Piscataquis County, Maine
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Sagadahoc County, Maine