Here is a list of all the administrative divisions (prefectures) of the Central African Republic:
Prefectures in the Central African Republic
- Bangui (Capital District)
|Official Languages||French and Sango|
|Population||Approximately 4.7 million as of 2021 estimate|
|Area||Approximately 622,984 square kilometers (240,535 square miles)|
|Geography||Landlocked with a diverse landscape of forests, savannas, and rivers|
|Independence||From France on August 13, 1960|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
|Currency||Central African CFA franc (XAF)|
|Notable Places||Manovo-Gounda St. Floris National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Dzanga-Sangha Reserve|
How many states are there in Central African Republic?
- There are 20 states (or prefectures) in the Central African Republic
What are the 7 countries in Central Africa?
The 7 countries in Central Africa are:
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Republic of the Congo)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
- Equatorial Guinea
What is the old name for Central African Republic?
- The old name for the Central African Republic was Ubangi-Shari. It was named after the two major rivers that flow through the country, the Ubangi River and the Chari River.
Is Central African Republic a country or state?
- The Central African Republic (CAR) is a country in Central Africa. The CAR gained independence from France in 1960 and is recognized as a sovereign nation. It is not a state within another country, but an independent country itself.
Related: Countries in the World