Madera County, situated in California’s Central Valley, is known for its agricultural landscapes and outdoor recreational opportunities. Here is a list of cities, towns, and villages in Madera County
- Madera (County Seat and Largest City)
- Madera Acres
- Bonadelle Ranchos-Madera Ranchos
Villages in Madera County
- Bass Lake
- La Vina
- Madera Ranchos
- North Fork
- Rolling Hills
- Yosemite Lakes
Quick Facts about Madera County, California
- County Seat: Madera
- Largest City: Madera
- Date Founded: March 11, 1893
- Total Land Mass: Approximately 2,153 square miles
- Population: Approximately 160,000 (as of 2022)
- Notable People: Madera County has been home to various individuals, and notable residents include author William Saroyan and Major League Baseball player Matt Garza.
- Notable Places: Bass Lake, Yosemite National Park (partially in Madera County), Madera Wine Trail
- Economy: Agriculture is a significant part of the economy, with crops like almonds, grapes, and poultry being prominent. The region also has a growing wine industry.
- History: Madera County has a history linked to the Southern Pacific Railroad and the establishment of vineyards and orchards. It played a role in the early 20th-century California Raisin Boom.
- National Protected Area: Yosemite National Park (partially in Madera County)
- Official Website: https://www.maderacounty.com/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Madera County
What outdoor activities are available in Madera County?
Madera County offers various outdoor activities, including fishing and boating at Bass Lake, hiking in Yosemite National Park, and exploring the Madera Wine Trail, which features vineyards and wineries.
Is Madera County close to Yosemite National Park?
Yes, Madera County is close to Yosemite National Park. The county serves as a gateway to the park, with several entry points and access to iconic landmarks like Yosemite Valley.
How significant is the wine industry in Madera County?
The wine industry in Madera County has been growing, with several wineries and vineyards contributing to the region’s viticulture. The Madera Wine Trail allows visitors to explore the local wine scene and taste a variety of wines.
- Cities, Towns And Villages in Los Angeles, California
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Kern County, California
- Neighborhoods in San Francisco, California
- Cities, Towns And Villages in Alameda County, California
- Cities, Towns And Villages in Modoc County, California
- Full List of All Counties In California
- States in the USA
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Del Norte County, California
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Amador County, California
- Cities, Towns and Villages in Alpine County, California