How to Change Your User Name in Zoom – Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing apps on the market right now. It’s popular because of its adaptability, dependability, and ease of use. It is used by friends and relatives to talk and share tales. It is used by businesses to hold team meetings and to aid employee learning. Because of the widespread Covid-19 problem, schools use Zoom for remote-learning activities and meetings. The list could go on and on.
In any case, there are a variety of reasons why you would want to modify your Zoom name. You might be using someone else’s computer and need to replace their name with yours. You might be at a business meeting and don’t want your personalized “friends” name to be displayed. If you simply include your last name’s initial, you may need to display your entire name. So, how can you alter the name of your Zoom account? The solution is given below.
The process is really straightforward, and changing your Zoom name should take no more than a minute or two, regardless of platform.
Changing Your Zoom Name before a Meeting
Before entering any type of session, there are three ways to modify your Zoom name (depending on the application). The website, a desktop client, or a mobile app are all available.
Option 1: Change Your Name via the Desktop Client
- Click on your “profile” icon in the upper-right corner of the “Zoom” window after the desktop client is up and running.
- Select “Sign Out” near the bottom of the dropdown menu that appears. Remember to close the app.
- Restart the desktop client for “Zoom.”
- Choose “Join a Meeting.”
- The “Join Meeting” screen appears after that.
You’re ready to go once you’ve completed the steps above. All you have to do now is put the meeting ID or personal link name in the top text box and a user name (not a login username) in the lower text box. This is the name that will be presented at the meeting, so pick wisely. You can make it into whatever you want. When you’re finished, click the “Join” button to start the session.
Option 2: Change Your Name via the Zoom Website
- Go to your “profile page” using your computer’s “file browser.” Then, in the upper-right corner of the browser window, click the “little profile symbol.”
- When you click “Sign Out,” Zoom will take you to the site’s main page. Then, in the upper menu, select “Join a Meeting.”
- Click “Join” after entering the “Meeting ID” or “Personal Link Name.”
The Launching page shows after you click “Join,” followed by the “Join a Meeting page” once more. Zoom will ask you to fill out a form with your name and a Captcha to verify that you are not a robot. Choose a catchy name and click the Join button.
Option 3: Change Your Name before a Meeting via the Mobile App
We’ll now look at how to modify your name before a meeting using the Zoom app for Android or iOS. For both operating systems, the steps are the same.
- On your Android or iOS device, open the Zoom app and hit the “Settings” cog in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll be taken to the “Settings screen,” where you can check your account information and adjust your chat and meeting settings.
- At the top of the screen, tap on your “account name.” After that, Zoom will take you to the “My Profiles” panel. That’s where you’ll find sophisticated options. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap the red “Sign Out” button, which will question you to confirm.
- You will then be taken to the ‘Start a Meeting’ screen. At the bottom of the page, click “Join a Meeting.”
- The screen “Join a Meeting” will appear. Fill in the top text box with your “Meeting ID” and the bottom text box with your “new name.” Select “Join Meeting” from the dropdown menu.
Changing Your Name During a Meeting
Zoom, as one of the most versatile and user-friendly video meeting programs available, allows you to change your name during a meeting. Furthermore, you can modify it at any time, on any device and platform. In the sections below, you’ll learn how to do so using the desktop client and the mobile app.
Option 1: Change Your Name during a Meeting via the Desktop Client
- If you’re already in a meeting, go to the bottom of the window and click the “Participants” button.
- On the right side of the window, a list of all meeting participants should show.
- Hover your mouse over your name and then click “Rename.”
- A text box showing your current name should appear. Remove it and replace it with a fresh one. To confirm, click “OK.”
Option 2: Change Your Name during a Meeting via the Mobile App
- We’re going to start from within a meeting, much like the desktop instruction. This is what your screen should look like:
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the “Participants” icon. You will be taken to the Participant’s screen via the app.
- On the list, look for your name and tap it. Your username will appear in a pop-up window with the option to modify it. Select “Rename” from the dropdown menu.
- The “Enter a new screen name” prompt will show on your screen. To confirm the change, type a new screen name and select the “OK” button.
Frequently Asked Questions
More answers to your most frequently asked Zoom inquiries can be found in this section.
Can I change someone else’s username in Zoom?
If you’re the meeting administrator, you should be able to rename another person by going to the bottom of the meeting and clicking on the ‘Participants’ tab, then clicking on ‘More’ next to the member’s name. Fill in the new username and save it when the option arises.
I can’t change my username in Zoom. What’s happening?
The meeting’s Administrator has a lot of control over what you can and can’t do during the meeting. If you can’t alter your username, it’s most likely due to an Administrator setting.
If you’re the meeting’s host, you can enable the ability for users to alter their usernames in the Zoom web browser client’s Settings. Allow attendees to modify their names by scrolling down the ‘Meeting’ area until you locate the ‘Allow participants to change their name’ setting. Toggle the switch on to activate the ability.
In general, changing your name in Zoom is a breeze, regardless of whatever device you use or when you use it. You can modify your displayed name before and during the conference, which is a cool feature of Zoom. You’re not stuck with a name once the session starts, and all it takes is a few clicks or taps and a little inspiration to come up ith a cool new moniker. You can change your username to represent your personality, whether it’s a fun and wild one or a professional one, by following the guidelines above.
Read more about Zoom on editorialtimes.com