How to Utilize Quick Note to Rapidly Save Anything on the New macOS – One of my favorite macOS programs is Apple’s Notes. It’s a place where I keep notes, links, photographs, extracts, and whatever else I believe I’ll need for business or personal projects. With the release of macOS Monterey, Apple has ensured that I’ll use Notes even more frequently, thanks to a new feature called Quick Note.
When you’re not using the Notes app, Quick Note is a quick way to create a note file. When you activate it, the Notes app opens to a new file that you may begin working with right away. It’s a great feature, but if you don’t know it’s there, it might not be obvious. Here’s where you may look for it.
How can I make a Quick Note?
In macOS Monterey, Apple implemented Quick Note as a Hot Corner feature. You can choose a corner of the screen to trigger a Quick Note by moving the pointer to that corner. Here’s how to get started.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Mission Control and select it.
- At the bottom of the Mission Control settings box, click the Hot Corners button.
- In the middle of the window, you’ll see an image that resembles your display, flanked by four pop-up menus in each corner. Select a corner to use as a trigger for a Quick Note.
- Select the desired corner from the pop-up menu.
- Quick Note should be selected.
- Close System Preferences by clicking OK.
Quick Note: How to Use It
Move your cursor to the corner you choose to start Quick Note. When you click it, a sheet appears, and the Notes program opens with a note file open. You can begin typing or add anything you wish to the document.
Because you’re in the Notes app, you have full access to all of the app’s features, including the ability to change fonts, add a table, create a checklist, and share your note. Simply exit the app or close the note’s window when you’re finished. You may access the note at any time in the Notes app on any device.
In the Notes app’s options, you may tell Quick Note to always create a new note file or to open the most recent one. Check the box for Resume last Quick Note if you wish to keep opening the same note file all the time. To start a new note each time, uncheck the box.