As easy as TikTok is, the application is also sophisticated. The app’s design and use are simple, and it makes video creation and interaction as simple as possible. The app’s complexity stems from the vast number of features and options available.
Is it possible to alter a TikTok caption after it has been posted? Is it possible to modify a video after it has been uploaded? Is it possible to delete a video after it has been uploaded? We’ve got many queries from readers, so take a look at all three of them. Then, please continue reading to learn how to alter a TikTok caption after it has been posted.
How to Upload TikTok Videos
It is critical to comprehend the upload procedure. A ‘+’ sign can be found at the bottom of the TikTok home screen. This is how you add new videos to your account.
This ‘+’ will take you to the recording screen when you click it. You can then choose the duration of your video and press the red record button to begin recording. After that, press the red button again to pause the recording and click the red checkmark to continue.
This will take you to the page where you can edit your work. The steps below will show you how to use a workaround to return to this page and alter the caption after it has been posted.
Editing a TikTok Caption after Posting
Although TikTok does not allow you to alter a video’s description after it has been posted, there is a workaround, so you don’t have to record and re-post the same content.
If you detect the captioning problem early enough in the video’s existence, it’s pretty simple to correct the problem by simply re-uploading the identical video to your profile.
To update the caption, follow these steps:
- Click the “Me” icon on the lower left-hand side of your screen
- You’ll find all of the videos you’ve shared here. Select the video with the caption you want to edit and tap it.
- Click the “horizontal ellipsis” (three horizontal dots) on the right.
- Select “Save Video.”
- Re-post the same video with the modified caption after saving is complete. At the bottom of the screen, click on the “+” symbol.
- Click the “Upload” button on the right-hand side.
- A list of your photos and videos will appear. Tap “Next” after selecting the TikTok video you’ve already saved.
- Tap “Next” in the upper-right corner once more. You can edit the text, stickers, and effects on this page.
- Thirdly, tap “Next” in the bottom-right section of the screen.
- Update the caption and change your audience preferences.
- Select “Post.”
- Your freshly modified material will now display on your timeline, and the original video must be deleted. Tap the “Me” symbol in the bottom right corner of the home page.
- Select the video you’d like to remove.
- Click on the “horizontal ellipsis” (three horizontal dots) on the right side of your video.
- Scroll to the right in the row of options above the “Cancel” link and select “Delete.”
- Confirm your choice by tapping on “DELETE.”
- Of course, this has the drawback of erasing any comments or likes the video has received. However, if you identified the caption issue early enough, you shouldn’t lose much interest while also getting to update your most recent video.
How do you add text to a TikTok video?
After you’ve finished your TikTok video and clicked the checkmark, you may add a written caption to it. There will be more options accessible to you after you click this tick. For example, you can click the text field in the right-hand corner to see more options, such as text color and font. After you’ve finished adding text to your TikTok, you can apply any extra filters you want before finishing it.
How do you trim a video on TikTok?
To trim a TikTok video, hit the “+” button to start a fresh recording.
After you’ve finished recording this video, tap the “add a sound” button in the upper right corner, then press the “red button” to start recording. Next, press the “Check” icon; then, press the “Trim” icon in the upper right corner.
After that, select the “Next” button to begin adding effects to your video.
Can I change the soundtrack to a TikTok video?
It’s a little more difficult to change the soundtrack. First, you won’t be able to dub the audio without using a third-party editing tool because it’s saved in the original video. Second, changing the soundtrack may damage the video because most TikTok videos are lip-synced. During the construction of the video, the music is added as a layer and then saved as a single file.
However, this method does return you to the editing screen, so it’s worth a try.
Can I control who can comment on my TikTok video?
Yes, you certainly can. It’s a blanket control in that you can limit who can comment on every video you publish rather than specific ones, but it’s doable. The option can be found under the Privacy menu.
1. Click the vertical ellipsis (three-dot icon) from TikTok’s main screen.
2. Select Privacy from the next screen.
3. Change Safety settings for Who Can Send Me Comments.
Set who can comment on your account to “Everyone” if you want it to be public or “Friends” if you want it to be private. You get my drift. In the same area, you’ll see the options “Who Can Duet With Me,” “Who Can React to Me,” and “Who Can Send Me Messages.” You may control who can contact you while using the app by editing these in the same way.
Check Out: Editorial Times