There are several reasons why people may decide it is time to get off Facebook. Interest may have built up in other platforms, they may be fed up of the platform or simply have a busy schedule ahead and deem Facebook as a form of distraction. So for whatever reasons you may be considering leaving Facebook, here are tips to help you delete your Facebook account permanently.
To start with, getting rid of your Facebook account can be done in two ways, you may choose to deactivate your account or totally delete Facebook. We will outline both steps in this guide.
How to deactivate Facebook account
We will start with the steps o deactivate your Facebook account. Simply follow these four steps:
- From your Facebook account homepage, click the account drop down arrow at the top right of the page
- From the list of options, select ‘Settings’
- Locate and Choose ‘General’ in the left column
- Then Click ‘Manage your account.’
- All you need to do now is simply click on ‘Deactivate your account,’ and then follow the simple on-screen instructions to confirm your action.
After deactivating your account, you can easily reactivate it, simply log into Facebook with your e-mail or phone number and password. Your profile will be reinstated instantly. That’s all with deactivating your account. It is just a temporary approach
Now we will move to the second alternative, totally deleting your Facebook account.
How to delete Facebook account permanently?
To totally delete your Facebook account and forget about the platform, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- From your account, just open a new tab on your web browser and visit this URL https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- When it loads, simply click Delete My Account.
As I said earlier, deleting your account implies total removal. So here are few things to consider before you close Facebook account permanently.
Ensure you’ve downloaded a copy of your Facebook data before deactivating or permanently deleting it.
You must resist the urge to visit your facebook profile before 90 days after you initiate the deletion process. This is the maximum time it takes to completely delete your profile. This implies that you must disable all linked social accounts to Facebook, because once you initiate any photo or picture posts through those platforms, you have simply reactivated Facebook.
These are the simple guides to help you completely get rid of Facebook. I hope it was helpful?