How to get started with Apple Arcade – Apple Arcade is Apple’s latest gaming subscription service, which can be found in the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac. You can play over 180 games for just a few dollars a month, with new ones added every month. The best part? There are no in-app purchases or hidden charges! Here’s all you need to know about getting started with it, and don’t forget to check out our list of the best iPhone controllers because many of these games accept controllers!
How can I join Apple Arcade on iPhone and iPad?
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store (iOS 13 and later required).
- In the bottom menu bar, select Arcade.
- Follow these steps to sign up for Apple Arcade on your iPhone or iPad: Open the App Store and go to the Arcade section at the bottom.
- To begin your 1-month free trial, tap Try It Free. After the trial period, the service will cost $4.99 per month, or $49.99 per year if purchased annually.
- To begin the trial and sign up for Apple Arcade, tap Confirm.
Apple Arcade allows families to play together.
Setup for Apple Arcade
Apple Arcade will cost $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year, and it will include Family Sharing, which allows you to share with up to five additional family members. Apple Arcade will continue to cost the same and work with your individual Apple ID if you don’t enable Family Sharing. However, sharing your low-cost subscription with five other people provides the best value. How to get started with Apple Arcade
Simply follow these simple steps to set up Family Sharing:
- On an iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or higher, open the Settings app.
- At the top, tap the Apple ID banner.
- Set up Family Sharing by tapping the Set Up Family Sharing button.
- Select Get Started from the drop-down menu.
- Continue by pressing the Enter key. You can upload a photo ahead of time if you want, but it’s not required.
- To share your purchases, tap Continue.
- To confirm your payment method, tap Continue. This is something that can be altered in the settings.
- To share your location with family members, hit Share Your Location, or tap Not Now.
- Select Add Family Member from the drop-down menu.
- Begin typing the name of someone.
- Select the person you’d want to add as a Family Member by tapping their name.
- When prompted, enter the credit card security code to confirm that you are the organizer.
After you’ve set up Family Sharing, everyone in your family should be able to download Arcade from the App Store without any problems. Simply go to the App Store and select the Arcade tab.
Apple Arcade Parental Controls
Restrictions on Apple accounts, as well as parental controls
With so many kid-friendly games and the convenience of Family Sharing, many parents and cool aunts and uncles will want to let their kids enjoy Apple Arcade as well. If you’re going to let your kids use the service, make sure they only have access to games and content that are acceptable for their age group. This is possible with Parental Controls, and we have excellent tips on how to set up parental controls on your iPhone or iPad, as well as how to set up parental controls for Apple Arcade.
With Apple Arcade, you can use a controller.
iPad and DualShock 4
In Apple Arcade, you’ll find a plethora of fantastic games. Many of them are compatible with MFi game controllers, and if you’re on iOS 13 or later, you can also use a PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 or Xbox One S controller. It’s simple to pair your favorite game controller. MFi controllers, such as the Nimbus Steel Series, will come with simple pairing instructions, but if you’re trying to pair a console controller with your iPhone or iPad, we have an excellent guide that will show you how. How to get started with Apple Arcade
How to choose a game and begin playing it
Apple Arcade games are only available through the service, meaning you won’t be able to buy them separately or play them on other mobile platforms like Android (the exclusivity is only for mobile, though, so consoles and PC are fine).
Once you’ve started your trial or have a current membership, you may download them from the App Store just like ordinary games, but they’re only in the Arcade section.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store.
- Go to the Arcade part of the game.
- Look through the list and select a game to play.
- When viewing a game, tap the Get button to begin the download.
- Simply tap Play after it’s finished downloading.
You may also launch any Apple Arcade game by tapping its icon on your Home Screen, just like any other program.
How to transfer your game to a new device and play it
Because the games in Apple Arcade enable cloud saves, your game save data is normally saved and transferred to your Apple ID’s iCloud Storage automatically. You can re-download an Apple Arcade game and it will instantly pick up where you left off if you are hooked in to the same Apple ID on another device. How to get started with Apple Arcade
Simply do the following to control the individual app and game data in your iCloud storage:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
- At the top, tap on your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud from the menu.
- Manage Storage is the option to choose (this may take a while to open depending on how much data you have stored here).
- Find the program or game for which you wish to manage to save data by scrolling down.
- Select the program or game you want to use.
- If you wish to get rid of it, choose Delete data.
How to Get Rid of Apple Arcade
Although we think you’ll enjoy Apple Arcade, it’s simple to cancel if you decide it’s not for you. Simply follow these simple instructions:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store.
- In the top right corner, tap on your Apple ID.
- Subscriptions should be chosen.
- Choose Apple Arcade as your game.
- To cancel a free trial or a subscription, select Cancel Free Trial or Cancel Subscription. (Note that if you cancel the trial before it expires, the trial will be terminated immediately.)
- Confirm that you are canceling.
Apple Arcade Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble with Apple Arcade, we recommend that you try the following:
- If you’re having trouble downloading something, sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in.
- Restarting or restarting your iPhone or iPad may help.
- Make sure Family Sharing is configured correctly.
It’s game time!
Apple Arcade is a must-have for any iOS player who wants to play premium games on their iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Mac. You receive the first month for free, then it’s only $4.99 per month after that. We believe it is well worth the money, and we plan to spend all of our spare time playing new Apple Arcade games.
Do you have any inquiries regarding Apple Arcade? Thus, how do you feel about it so far? Please let us know in the comments section.
That is it on How to get started with Apple Arcade
Hope this article was helpful. You are free to leave us a comment regarding any challenge faced when setting up your Apple Arcade.