Informed Delivery For Marketers is a new service that allows consumers to digitally preview incoming direct mail before it arrives. The post office sends pictures of each mail piece, also known as the informed delivery daily digest, on the day the direct mail arrives.
This article also includes tracking information for any package you are receiving.
Consumers have to sign up for the service before they start to receive these updates.
Although it was originally only available in certain areas, it is now a widely available service being used by over 26.5 million Americans and counting.
Benefits of Using Post Office Informed Delivery
The benefits of using informed delivery for marketers are:
- Most marketers are looking for a way to marry direct mail and digital, and on the most basic level, this is it. The ability to show an ad to a consumer that you know is getting your direct mail piece is pretty powerful.
- Anyone in digital marketing knows how important it is to track open and click-through-rates. Through informed delivery, it is possible to track these for direct mail campaigns.
- For right now, it’s a free service that the United States Postal Service is offering.
- Through the end user’s Informed Delivery portal and Informed Delivery app, your direct mail ad lives on for days past receipt of the actual direct mail piece. Consumers can go back and view previous mail.
- The images were easy to read and clearly showed recipient information, which is important for households with multiple residents. The option to zoom in on the images allowed us to see the mail pieces even clearer. In the online portal, you could even mark that you didn’t receive a letter in the mail that you got a preview for.
If you’re looking for new ways to enhance your direct mail marketing services, Informed Delivery can be a game changer for you!
This tool is bridging the gap between digital campaigns and direct mail. As a marketer in today’s fast-moving world, Informed Delivery can reinforce your message, expand your reach and increase brand awareness.
why you should take advantage of Informed Delivery and add it to your marketing plan:
- Informed Delivery is a service offered by USPS that allows users to digitally preview their mail before it arrives. Subscribers can receive greyscale images of the exterior of incoming letter-size mailpieces. Once signed up, users can view their mail via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
- Informed Delivery is a free program for both mailers and postal residents! It allows marketers to electronically reach potential customers with just an address. According to USPS, 89% of users are satisfied or very satisfied with Informed Delivery and 93% would recommend it to friends, family, or colleagues.
- The original black and white image scanned in by postal equipment can be replaced with a color image. You can provide USPS with a representative or ride-along image to make your mailpiece stand out with colors.
- You can also add a call-to-action by including a link to any website, social platform or landing page. Integrating digital marketing and direct mail provides faster response rates for marketers.
- Post-campaign reports are a major benefit of this strategy. USPS can provide your business with data such as email open rates and click-through rates.
- Starting an Informed Delivery campaign can potentially increase ROI for your direct mail. For instance, USPS notes that 70% of notifications are opened daily. This is a much higher percentage than basic email open rates.
- Informed Delivery generates multiple impressions from just a single mailpiece. Your intended audience will now view your message physically and digitally. Allowing potential customers to get a sneak peek of your piece could build anticipation and drive customer response rates.
In conclusion, Informed Delivery is a great tool that can greatly benefit customers and marketers.