There are many activities that can be carried out on the network and some of them are: following the boards of their friends and other users, liking and commenting on other users pins they find interesting, re-pinning content to their own boards, sharing others pins to their followers and friends on Facebook and Twitter via email and even embedding individual pins on their personal blogs.
Features of Pinterest Account
- Pins – A pin is simply an image that can either be linked from a website or uploaded. “Repinning” is saving one user’s pin and pinning it on your bones board.
- Boards – A board is a collection of pins that all share similar interests like sports, travel or weddings.
- Following another user – Pinterest allows one user to follow and unfollow another one as well as their boards. Pinterest has verified accounts like other popular social media platforms, these will have checkmarks next to their domain names.
- Promoted App Pins – Pinterest allows six types of pins that allow a user to add additional information such as App pin. This permits users to promote their brand more effectively.
- Sharing – A user can share either a pin, board, or a profile and it can be sent to Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and text messages
- Home feed – Logging into your account in Pinterest takes you to your feed, where you find pins.
- Native video – Users can watch videos on Pinterest and they can create videos of their own within Pinterest.
- Cinematic pins – This can be used to promote pins and reach more people.
- Promoted video – Users can expand the promotional videos to allow them to watch them on a new tab.
Benefit Of Pinterest Account
- Pinterest is majorly a network that deals on visuals so showing products on it is more effective.
- Pinterest pins can be used to improve traffic to site’s because it allows users to add backlinks to their pins.
- Pinterest makes it easier to reach a targeted audience and push awareness about a brand.
- Pinterest can be used to build an official identity on the social media and connect better with others.
How To Create A Pinterest Account
- You can sign up with your Facebook or Email accounts that can link you to your Pinterest account.
- You are then required to create a username and a password.
- But before you start pinning you will need to create and name your own pinboards personally.
- You can now add pins by using the “Pin it” button to add a pin to your board.
Or on a mobile phone
- Open the Pinterest app if you have downloaded one, if not download it first.
- Tap on the “Sign up with email” icon or you may tap continue on Facebook to use your Facebook account to sign up.
- Enter your email address in the space provided.
- Tap on the “ Next” icon.
- Enter a password
- Tap on the “Next” icon.
- Then enter a name you want to use and tap on ‘Next’ icon.
- Select your age and gender next and after this tap on the “done” icon to create a profile.
- You should select at least 5 topics and tap on the ‘Next’ icon. Pinterest will then start building your profile based on your chosen interests.
That is all and you have joined the Pinterest network and you can enjoy the photos and videos being shared and do like.