The Maldives is an island nation consisting of 26 atolls, which are further divided into administrative divisions. Here is a list of administrative divisions in the Maldives:
Divisions in the Maldives
- Malé (Capital City)
- Seenu Atoll
- Alif Alif Atoll
- Alif Dhaal Atoll
- Lhaviyani Atoll
- Vaavu Atoll
- Meemu Atoll
- Faafu Atoll
- Dhaalu Atoll
- Thaa Atoll
- Laamu Atoll
- Gaafu Alif Atoll
- Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll
- Gnaviyani Atoll
- Baa Atoll
- Haa Alif Atoll
- Haa Dhaalu Atoll
- Shaviyani Atoll
- Noonu Atoll
- Raa Atoll
- Baa Atoll
- Kaafu Atoll
- North Maalhosmadulu Atoll (Haa Alif Atoll)
- South Maalhosmadulu Atoll (Thiladhunmathi Atoll)
- North Nilandhe Atoll
- South Nilandhe Atoll
- Miladhunmadulu Atoll
- Mulaku Atoll
- Location: The Maldives is an island country in the Indian Ocean, situated southwest of Sri Lanka and India.
- Capital: Malé
- Official Language: Dhivehi
- Population: Approximately 521,000 (2022)
- Area: The Maldives covers an area of about 298 square kilometers (115 square miles).
- Geography: The Maldives is known for its coral atolls, white sandy beaches, and vibrant coral reefs.
- Government: The Maldives is a presidential republic.
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR)
- Notable Places: The Maldives is famous for its overwater bungalows, coral reefs, and clear turquoise waters.
- Official Website: https://www.maldives.com/
What is the best time to visit the Maldives?
The best time to visit the Maldives is during the dry northeast monsoon season, which typically runs from December to April.
Is the Maldives a popular destination for honeymooners?
Yes, the Maldives is a popular honeymoon destination known for its romantic overwater villas, stunning beaches, and clear blue lagoons.
How is the transportation in the Maldives?
Transportation between islands in the Maldives is often done by seaplanes or speedboats. Malé, the capital, is connected by an international airport.
Q: What activities can tourists enjoy in the Maldives? Tourists can engage in activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, water sports, and enjoying the natural beauty of the islands.