Kenya is divided into 47 counties. Here is a list of all the counties in Kenya:
List of Counties in Kenya
- Homa Bay
- Nairobi City (County)
- Tana River
- Trans Nzoia
- Uasin Gishu
- West Pokot
|Location||East Africa, bordered by South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Tanzania, and the Indian Ocean|
|Official Languages||Swahili and English|
|Population||Approximately 54 million as of 2021 estimate|
|Area||Approximately 580,367 square kilometers (224,081 square miles)|
|Geography||Diverse with coastal areas, highlands, the Great Rift Valley, and savannas|
|Independence||From the United Kingdom on December 12, 1963|
|Government||Presidential system with a representative democracy|
|Currency||Kenyan shilling (KES)|
|Notable Places||Maasai Mara National Reserve, Mount Kenya, Nairobi National Park|
What are the top 10 largest counties in Kenya?
- Marsabit County: Marsabit is the largest county in Kenya, covering a vast area in the northern part of the country. It is known for its arid and semi-arid landscapes.
- Turkana County: Turkana County is located in northwestern Kenya and is the second-largest county. It is known for its desert-like terrain and Lake Turkana.
- Samburu County: Samburu County is in the northern part of Kenya and features a mix of arid and semi-arid environments.
- Wajir County: Located in northeastern Kenya, Wajir County is known for its arid landscapes and is a predominantly Somali-inhabited region.
- Garissa County: Garissa County is also in northeastern Kenya and is characterized by arid conditions and a mix of ethnic groups, including the Somali community.
- Tana River County: Tana River County is situated on the southeastern coast of Kenya and includes the Tana River, which flows through the region.
- Isiolo County: Isiolo County is in central Kenya and is known for its semi-arid landscapes and a diverse population.
- Kitui County: Kitui County is located in eastern Kenya and features a mix of semi-arid and hilly terrain.
- Kajiado County: Kajiado County is in the southern part of Kenya and includes parts of the Maasai Mara and Amboseli National Park.
- Embu County: Embu County is in central Kenya and is characterized by hilly landscapes and agriculture.