Here is a list of all the cities, towns, and villages in Menard county, Illinois
Menard County is a county in the U.S. state of Illinois. According to the 2020 United States Census, it had a population of 12,297.
Its county seat is Petersburg. Menard County is part of the Springfield, Illinois, Metropolitan Statistical Area
Here is a list of all the cities, towns, and villages in Menard County, Illinois:
- Lake Petersburg
Other unincorporated communities
- Fancy Prairie
- Hill Top
- New Salem
- Old Salem Chautauqua
- Sweet Water
Quick Facts about Menard county, Illinois
Here are some quick facts about Menard county, Illinois:
- Official Website: https://menardcountyil.com/
- County Seat: Petersburg
- Founded: 1839
- Area: Approximately 315 square miles
- Population: Around 12,000
- Geography: Located in central Illinois.
- Economy: Historically tied to agriculture, with contributions from industry and commerce.
- Notable City: Petersburg is the largest city and serves as the county seat.
- Education: Home to local school districts.
- Recreation: Offers parks, outdoor activities, and historical sites.
- Notable Landmarks: Lincoln’s New Salem State Historic Site, Menard County Courthouse, and local historical sites contribute to the county’s character.
How much is a marriage license in Menard County Illinois?
- Marriage License fees are $50.00. Any individuals making an application for a marriage license in the County of Menard must provide identification with the name and date of birth of the applicant.
What is the history of Menard County?
- The county was created in 1858 and later organized in 1871. It is named for Michel Branamour Menard, the founder of Galveston, Texas. Texas’s location within the U.S. Historic Pioneer Rest Cemetery in Menard has graves dating to the 19th century.