Ways to Optimize your Google My Business Profile – These Google suggestions will help you enhance your business.
1. Complete your entire profile.
Give Google as much information as possible about your company. Why? It allows Google to better match your business to customer searches. To put it another way, it raises your search engine ranking.
“Local results favor the most relevant results for each search,” according to Google, and businesses with complete and accurate information are easier to match with the right searches.
That means you’ll need to fill out contact information, a category, attributes, and other information. If at all possible, use the correct keywords.
Three factors are used by Google to determine the local ranking:
- Relevance refers to how well your listing corresponds to a search query.
- Distance: The distance between you and the search or searcher.
- Prominence refers to how well-known a company is (based on several other factors)
- Relevance can be improved by using the right keywords. Don’t know where to begin? Take a look at Google Trends.
If you own a vintage clothes store, for example, look for “vintage clothing” in your area. For keyword ideas, look at similar topics and terms that people are using.
Your SEO ranking is influenced by social media as well. Find out how to do it.
2. Make a statement with images
Assist folks in understanding what your company is all about.
You’ll be able to upload a logo and cover photo to your Google My Business profile, just like you would on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Pinterest. People will have a harder time recognizing your brand online if you don’t include these graphics.
Don’t stop there, though. Additional photographs can be used to promote your location, products, or handiwork. Post images of your food, menus, and dining room if you own a restaurant. Make sure they’re appealing, professional, and not low-resolution. According to Google, companies with photographs get 42 percent more directions queries and 35 percent more hits to their websites.
Hire a professional photographer if you can. It makes a significant difference. It also pays for itself in the long run. Airbnb listings with professional photography earn 40 percent more money, receive 24 percent more reservations, and charge a 26 percent higher nightly rate. If you can’t afford a professional photographer, have a look at these photography tips.
To add photos to your Google My Business profile, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google My Business account.
- Select the place you want to administer and open it.
- From the menu, select Photos.
- Select the type of photo you want to use.
- Choose a photo you’ve already uploaded or upload one from your computer.
3. Disseminate information, such as news, updates, and special offers.
Your Google My Business profile should always have correct and up-to-date information, such as your address, hours, and contact information. If this information changes, make sure to update it.
You can also use postings to keep your customers up to know on updates, new items, special deals, and events. These articles may keep your profile fresh, promote sales, and stimulate visitors to your physical or digital storefront, depending on your goal.
How to write a Google post:
- Open Google My Business and log in to the location you want to manage.
- Select Posts from the left-hand menu.
- From the list of options, select the type of post you want to make.
- Fill in the blanks with the necessary information. Copy should be concise and provide all important information. Avoid overuse of punctuation !! and commercial terminology.
- To double-check formatting and spelling, go to Preview. Click the back arrow if you need to make a change.
- Click Publish when you’re finished.
If the type of post you’ve chosen allows for the inclusion of rich media, take advantage of it. People are more engaged with posts that include photographs, videos, or GIFs, according to Google.
4. Include unique characteristics and qualities.
Depending on the category you select, Google business accounts have additional capabilities.
Here’s an overview of available category-specific features:
- Hotels can display class ratings as well as a list of amenities.
- Menus, popular dishes, and a link for online ordering and bookings can all be uploaded by restaurants and bars.
- Service-oriented firms can include a service menu and a booking button on their website.
- Product catalogs can be added by small and medium-sized businesses.
If you believe your company qualifies for one of these features but don’t see it, you may have selected the incorrect category. For your business, you have the option of selecting up to ten categories.
You may also add factual qualities to your profile to provide further information to your consumers. If you own or operate a store or restaurant, you might wish to mention that it is wheelchair accessible, has free Wi-Fi, or has outdoor seating. You can even mention if your company is run by a woman.
To add or edit attributes, follow these steps:
- Click Info from your account dashboard.
- Select Edit when you find Add Attributes. Search for the attribute you’d like to add, or read through all of your company’s possibilities.
- Apply the changes.
- Adding information to your Google My Business profile
5. Encourage customers to submit reviews on your website.
People have a higher level of trust in other people than they do in businesses. A positive review can be the determining factor that convinces potential customers to choose you. Your Google ranking will also improve as a result of the reviews.
The greatest moment to request a review is after you’ve given a fantastic service. Consider passing along a card or e-receipt that requests a review, whether in person or online. Google provides a free marketing package to businesses that include stickers, social media posts, and downloadable posters.
Read more on editorialtimes.com