If you are a professional or on a carrier to become a professional and you are looking to be a part of a business community, then LinkedIn groups is the right place for you.
LinkedIn Groups provide a place for professionals in the same industry or with similar interests to share their insights and experiences, ask for guidance, and build valuable connections.
Are you a newbie on LinkedIn professional social media network? Don’t be confused, you aren’t alone. The quest for belonging is the reason that communities on social media, such as LinkedIn Groups, are so popular.
Participating in Groups allows you to show off your expertise around a subject and start to grow relationships with like-minded people.
By sharing your expertise, participating in conversations, and being a reliable source of information within the Group, you’ll have the opportunity to build valuable relationships to help you do more business.
Effective participation in conversations is the key to getting the desire connections you need. On LinkedIn groups, there are many such connections needed to drive your carrier to its peak.
How do I find the LinkedIn groups I want to join?
You can find groups to join by searching at the top of your homepage or viewing the LinkedIn groups you’ve already joined. You can also create a new group focused on a specific topic or industry.
1. Finding LinkedIn groups you want to join
You can search for groups by name or keyword, or you can browse groups recommended for you by LinkedIn.
To search for groups by name or keyword:
- Enter your keyword or group name in the Search bar at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select (group name) Groups from the dropdown.
To browse for groups recommended for you by LinkedIn:
- Click the Work icon in the top right of your LinkedIn homepage and select Groups from the menu that appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Search.
2. Unavailability of recommended groups
If no groups are recommended for you, the reason could be:
- You’ve already joined or requested to join all available recommended groups.
- All available recommended groups have been removed.
- There are currently no recommended groups available for you.
- Your profile may be missing information like current or past companies, schools, or
- industries, which makes it difficult for LinkedIn to recommend a group.
3. Selecting the right LinkedIn group for you
Click on a group’s name to learn more about it. The information About this group can be found on the group homepage.
5. Joining a group
You can join a group by:
- Clicking Request to join on the group’s homepage.
- Responding to an invitation from a group member or manager.
Group managers may review your request to join or ask for additional information to make sure you meet their membership criteria. Membership approval is solely up to the group.
Always stay connected
Having joined the group, make it a daily task to get involve in conversations and make reasonable contributions on the subject matter of the LinkedIn groups you belong. In doing this, you can easily get connected with other professionals on the LinkedIn groups.